Sunday, July 29, 2018

The Starting Line

So here I am. Again. Fighting to lose weight. This time I'm am determined it's going to happen. I have no excuses this time. So this will be to mark my journey as I try to change eating habits and exercise habits. It shouldn't be too difficult. I don't work (disabled vet) so I won't have a job to worry about to schedule around. We are earning enough money to afford healthier foods.

So here is where I stand at the starting line.

Weight: 268.8 lbs
Waist: 48.25"
Hips: 50.25"
Thigh: 26.75"
Upper Arm: 12.5"
Neck: 16.75"
Calf: 17"
Wait to Hip Ratio: .96

So there's a lot of personal information about me. My ultimate goal is actually a little less than 100 pounds. It's actually 98.8 lbs to lose. My ultimate goal is 170.

I do have plenty of activities to help. I have a kayak. I have a garden. I don't work so house cleaning is always being done. Daily step goals will help as well to make sure that I'm not sitting all the time. I won't be doing many actual workouts. I might do a workout here and there just to change things up, but I'm trying to mostly achieve this through changing bad habits.

Eating healthier snacks, drinking more water. I have already cut out soda for the most part from my life. I have a soda maybe once a week at this point due to the threat of diabetes. I am going to try cutting that out completely. I have gotten some of those packet things you pour into the water. They are grape flavored and have caffeine. They taste like they have a ton of sugar but they have no sugar and only 10 calories a bottle. I also plan on drinking more tea and eating fewer canned products to try to get away from the sodium. I will be tracking my progress, food, and exercise on Lose It and SparkPeople.

My current step goal is 2000 a day. I know that's way below the 10k, but I am going to work my way up to that point. Not to mention this will be according to my phone which I don't carry with me everywhere until I can find my Fitbit.

It's pretty late here and I only have 744 steps, but I am going to try to get those 1256 steps today to start on the right note.

-Ayvid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 1

So day one wasn't too bad. I was eating dinner at 6 PM when it was time for me to stop eating, but I ate what I wanted of my dinner and ...